Monday, January 07, 2008

Weekend

I had thought I would paint this weekend, but ended up doing a number of other things. I went to a gallery opening at Studio Gallery. The show was a group show of a bunch of DC artists called Mid City Artists, their website is http://midcityartists.com. It was a great show, lots of fun and I met a bunch of new and interesting people. On Saturday I finally found someone who could do my business cards in less than a month. I found this great little store down an alley in Alexandria, it's called Scriptorium...I ended up changing my mind about the color of the business cards and ended up going with a Turqoise card with Dark Chocolate ink because it felt more like me. I met up with a fellow artist and friend Marina for coffee at St. Elmo's. You can see her work at http://marinareiter.com. Additionally I rearranged and partially painted my apartment...now that I am working from home all the time, I am trying to make my small space more user friendly. Whew! Thank God the weekend's over and I can get back to work!

No comments: