Friday, January 25, 2013

Exciting News!

I've been accepted into the Escapist Mentorship Program.  I'm so excited to see where this takes me. One of the things Artists have to do is marketing, so I prepared a Press Release about this news and here it is:

-->
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Tina Duryea
Tel: 203.219.8972
email: tina@tinaduryea.com
website: www.tinaduryea.com
Tina can be found under her name on: Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Blogspot
Link to information on the program:  http://www.johnpalmerart.com/escapistprogram.php
Darien Artist Tina Duryea accepted into the Escapist Mentorship Program

January 25, 2013, Darien, CT  - The Escapist Mentorship Program of Houston, TX recently selected Darien resident Tina Duryea to participate in this year’s program.  The Escapist Mentorship Program is a unique and innovative fellowship that seeks to “forever destroy the stereotype of the struggling artist.”  It is their belief that “through hard work, talent and ingenuity, an artist will achieve success in this society just like any other career choice.”

Tina Duryea is honored at being selected as one of 5 emerging artists from the global talent pool.  While the program is open to people from all over the world, the majority of people selected are from Texas where the program is located. Tina is the only non-Texan to be selected for this year’s program.

According to Tina, “I plan on working this program with both long and short term goals.  To be fully established financially as an artist is a primary objective.  I have a budget of how much I need to spend to promote my work, and where to spend it, such as mailings, advertising and art shows.  This year I plan to attend 6 major art shows and I am always looking for places locally that are interested in showing my work.  Last year, I had six shows locally, in banks and cafes, plus one show in NYC at the Javits Center Contemporary Art Fair.”  

"Another plan is to launch a Kickstarter campaign, which involves exploring the juxtaposition of faith, art and pilgrimage and it’s place in the 21st Century.  This project entails hiking the Camino de Santiago and creating a series of paintings, drawing, and experiences with the intent of producing prints and a book.  As my followers continue to grow, the campaign will be launched.  With this goal I intend to quadruple the number of followers on my Facebook art page by the end of the year."

"Art moves me and I hope my art moves others.  I believe my work can add meaning and have a positive effect in the world.  The profession of Artist was once a viable and respected career path for a young person to pursue.  Has this perception changed?  We as Artists have an obligation to one another to refurbish our careers and to demonstrate through hard work and shared success that it is worthy of value and something to aspire to.  I plan to mentor other artists and help them in their careers when I am fully established.”

Tina is a painter working primarily in large-scale oil paintings and smaller ink drawings.  Her subject matter is frequently abstracted landscapes of the North Eastern coastline, but she also specializes in equestrian art and portraits of animals, children and even the occasional drawing of homes.  A graduate of Darien High School, Tina got her B.S. from Mount Holyoke and worked in corporate law before going to the School of Visual Arts to pursue her career in art.  Tina lives and works from a home studio in Darien.

No comments: