Saturday, May 09, 2015

Lugnano in Teverina

After painting, Caridad had to teach a lesson so I went to another nearby city called Lugano in Teverina.  The medieval streets were up and down and turned all around in a maze, which made me grateful for modern urban planning.  I sat in the piazza and did a quick sketch of the old church and listened to the bells of the church.  And then I enjoyed the spectacular view across the valley.

I wish I could share the smells of Italy on the Internet.  Umbria is very much country and you come across hints of wood smoke as you walk.  I followed the smell of a bakery to find some fresh made bread and the pines and herbs were constant as we worked in the countryside yesterday. 

The narrow, twisting and steep streets of Lugnano in Teverina.


My quick sketch of the church.


The view from Lugnano in Teverina


Another image of Lugnano in Teverina





No comments: